MSC is a Medicaid State Plan service provided by the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD). Using a personalized planning approach, we work to develop an Individualized Support Plan (ISP) with the individual and their circle of support, ensuring access to the appropriate services and support needed.
Most importantly, the individual determines his or her own personal and valued outcomes, and the achievement of those outcomes is our joint key to success. Throughout we’ll be monitoring progress and evaluating the effectiveness of the approach. And, as circumstances change or issues arise, we are flexible enough to change course.
In order to receive MSC, a person must:
- Be enrolled in Medicaid
- Have a documented diagnosis of developmental disability
- Demonstrate need for ongoing and comprehensive service coordination
- Elect to receive MSC, or have consent given on behalf by an authorized individual
- Live outside of an Intermediate Care Facility, Developmental Center, Psychiatric Hospital, Nursing Facility or hospital, or other Medicaid funded setting that provides service coordination
- UCCS can assist new enrollees